Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Why Canada Post should fire it's marketing agency.


Whoever does the marketing for Canada Post should be fired.  Here's why:

If I send an email to myself, it leaves my phone, goes to Reston VA, fires across to California and then comes back up into Canada.  Along the way, it's scanned and sniffed and archived by the NSA, and anyone else that feels they need to keep a copy for national security reasons.

If I send myself a letter using Canada Post, it goes to a sorting office in Toronto, then it comes back.  It doesn't leave the country as part of the sorting process.  It doesn't get opened, read, and stays somewhat sacrosanct unless you do something really stupid.

You'd think Canada Post would be all over this gift from the USA to drive up usage of the postal system… but no.