Friday, December 13, 2013

A Banking Comedy

So today at around 09:45am I went to login to my bank (CIBC) and the first thing I noticed was this:

Now, I know for a fact that I was not doing any online banking this morning at 04:12AM, and was definitely in bed, sleeping.  My first reaction was that my CIBC account with their website was breached, so I asked their twitter team as to whether this was working or not. (As of 13:40, this still hasn't been answered)

I quickly determined through repetitive logins and logouts that this login time information is just another fabrication of actual events to add to the litany that I've reported this year. Just to prove it was wholly broken, I tried again at 13:37 and this is what I was greeted with.



You'd think my 09:45 login would have shown up here, right?


The funny thing here is CIBC will likely just point to their website terms and conditions - and if you haven't seen them, there's this highly comical nugget which I'd like to draw your attention to:


Click Image For Full Size


So all the information on this banking website is general only, and provided as-is, and no accuracy is warranted?

If you can't trust your e-statements or anything on the site, and nothing is guaranteed accurate, what is the point of the site?