Monday, May 29, 2017

Another week, another leak...

Seriously, this was never intended to be a banking technology blog.

In the process of gathering evidence to back up what I was writing about for part two of my series of articles on how to fix mobile banking in Canada, I needed to gather a solid example or two of a particular type of problem I was writing about.  This was supposed to be a quick 60 second job, as the nature of the problem was such that if you know what you're looking for, you can find stuff very easily.   

Long story short, something familiar from Toronto caught my eye, and next thing I knew I was looking at a multinational bank breach involving at least 5 banks in Canada, USA and Japan, a multibillion dollar software corporation and the leaker at the centre of it all.

You seriously couldn't make this stuff up.