Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Update on digital banking

So, lots of good news in the past 24 hours.

I spoke to the bank that was leaking their source code.  They're now investigating fixing things up.  That's good news.

Second, the "how do you fix mobile banking" article has accomplished what it set out to do, and lots more.  My original intent was kick-start a conversation on the mobile banking problem in Canada.  I've was told by sources last night that two conversations within Scotiabank happened yesterday, one at the executive level on King Street, and one lower down in Scarborough.  By having customers show the banks a solution to their cyber problems, it would appear this has started conversations on how to deal with this.  

Another thing that happened, is that I ended up with a little army of peeved bank customers, who suddenly sent me new information.  I will go through this all in the coming days, and try to work out what to do with it.

Finally, this article was picked up by a lot of people.  Everyone from the US Tenth Fleet to Microsoft and Oracle are all over it.  So the good news there is word is getting out, and people are taking notice of the problem.